- 6 eggs, boiled and de-shelled
- 2 tsp Chilli paste
- 4 shallot, blend
- 1 inch ginger, blend
- 2 garlic, blend
- 2 lemongrass
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 pcs turmeric leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 box coconut milk
- 1 tbsp kerisik (fried coconut until brown and blend)
- Salt to taste
1. In a pot, heat some oil on medium heat and deep-fry the eggs until brown. The outer skin would get a bit wrinkly. Keep turning them until all sides are brown and wrinkly. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a different pot , add in the blend ingredients. Fry till fragrant.
3. Add in chilli paste, lemongrass and turmeric powder. Stir well.
4. Add in coconut milk, salt and mix well.
5. Stir continuously and let the rendang cook on medium heat until almost dried and add in kerisik, turmeric leaves and eggs.