- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tin pineapples, cubes (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 2 cups marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a oven, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Mash sweet potato mixture with a potato masher.
Add sugar , salt , butter , pineapples and pecans. Fold in 1/4 cup pecans. Scrape potato mixture into baking dish coated with butter. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans; top with marshmallows. Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes or until golden.